Matthew A. Hardwick, PMP
Matt has spent nearly 20 years in the construction industry delivering in many areas of construction with solid Project Management fundamentals. Although generally speaking, Matt has delivered projects from many different trade areas, he has spent the largest portion of his career “grounded” in electrically focused trades.
Matt entered the electrical trade at a young age while raising a family and pursuing further education. Matt started his career as an electrician before entering the Local Communications Workers of America (CWA) Union to learn the telecommunications side of the industry. Going through Electrical Engineering and Technology curriculum while attending IUPUI, Matt changed majors to finish with a degree in Psychology and earn his Master Electricians License in multiple states. Upon graduation Matt left the CWA and opened his own business representing owners in their construction needs. This is where he found the passion for process and program management.
Matt has earned his Project management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute (PMI) and continues to pursue further education in multiple areas including leadership, business analytics, and safety management. He is currently an active member in the local PMI chapter. Matt has led many successful projects over his career and consulted on many contracts, business best practices uses, and process improvement stratagems in multiple sectors.
Included below is a sampling of Matt’s project experience:
- Eli Lilly Electrical/Refrigeration Upgrades
- Eli Lilly Fire Alarm Upgrades
- Southern Glaziers Sprinkler installation (FM Global)
- PHI Cellular Infrastructure Upgrade (40+ sites throughout the northeast)
- AT&T Copper Reclamation and Fiber Hub
- Burns & McDonnell Power Grid Generation Backup (Louisiana and Texas)
- Butler University Underground Vault and Duct-bank
- Kimball Electronics Sprinkler Upgrades
- General Motors
- SBA Communications
- Wine and Spirits Headquarters
- Turner Construction Indianapolis Branch
The Personal Side
Matt and his wife have two daughters. They enjoy spending time in the mountains hiking and skiing. When home they enjoy remodeling homes and spending time with friends, family, and food.