Dennis Whipple, DBIA
Dennis has over 32 years of experience in the electrical industry. He began his career in the field as an electrician and advanced to include supervision, estimating, project management and Design-Build Management. Dennis is a graduate of the Decker School of Estimating and holds Design-Build Institute of America Certification.
Dennis’ role at Shambaugh incorporates the positions of Lead Designer and Estimator on Food Processing and Industrial Projects. A sampling of his projects is included below:
- 205,000 sf Dairy Plant which produces whole milk and ESL line. The design includes raw receiving, raw pasteurized storage, HTST with separation, blow molding and packaging.
- Major Plant Renovation to increase dairy volume for a large grocery retailer. The design included the addition of raw receiving, increased raw and pasteurized storage, added filling, CIP, and packaging systems.
- Plant Renovation and 200,000 sf addition of a processing facility for the manufacturer of bottled sauces, preserves and salad dressings. Plant renovation and new design processes included receiving raw products, cooking, blending, and packaging.
- Design and construction of 500,000 sf food distribution facility. The project Included a high-rise freezer with an automated storage and retrieval system, large conveyor system for packaging, palletizing and sorting, and a refrigerated storage warehouse.
- Design of a 200,000 sf bottled water facility. The project included purification, flavorings, bottling, packaging and a large conveyor system for sorting and shipping. The entire facility required the utilization of stainless-steel conduit and maintained a clean room type environment.
- New Meat Processing Plant. The design included receiving, stunning, processing, chilling, and packaging equipment at the facility for production of frozen products.