Award-winning and life-changing. By design.
At Shambaugh, we recognize that people are our most important resource, and protecting our resources is paramount to the design of our safety program. Our safety program is designed to create a healthy and safe work environment throughout all phases of a project, and to consider the safety of others who may be affected by a project.
It’s safe to say that safety was designed with both the construction and end user perspective in mind. During construction, rules and regulations often dictate which safety elements are required; however, things like access points, load requirements, fall prevention, security and alarms, and air quality all factor into design safety for both construction and end user.
Safe at every level.
Shambaugh & Son's commitment to safety can be felt at every level of the company, from the top down and the bottom up. Our approach helps guarantee the safest possible construction Design-Build mechanical, electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, fire protection, and facilities maintenance projects.
We’re proud to have earned an EMR of 0.53!
Corporate award-winning safety program
- Full-Time Corporate Safety Director – Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Construction Health and Safety Technician
- Comprehensive Corporate Safety Manual
- Employee Safety Handbook
- Annual Safety Incentive Program
- Video and Hands-on Safety Training Oriented to Tasks
- Numerous Industry Awards and Recognition For Our Safety Program
- Safety Coordinators in All Branch Locations and Corporate Divisions
- Coalition for Construction Safety (CCS) Certified and CCS partner with Indiana Occupational Health and Safety Administration (IOSHA), Shambaugh & Son's excellent track record makes us exempt from General Schedule IOSHA inspections in the state of Indiana and has been recognized as Voluntary Protection Programs (VPP) participants on projects across America
Field award-winning safety program
- OSHA 30-hour and 10-hour Trained Personnel
- Construction 10-hour Training for Client
- Accident Recording/Tracking System
- Weekly On-Site Tool Box Safety Meetings
- Weekly Documented Job Site Inspections by Supervision
- Job Site Safety Incentive Program
- ProTask Safety Analysis Performed Daily for Every Crew
- Electronic Site Audit Program Complies with Company-wide Leading Indicators of Safety