Dupont Hospital, FORT WAYNE, IN
Dupont Hospital needed to construct a new 138,000 square-foot, 86 bed hospital with 24-hour emergency department, surgical services, outpatient services and a maternity services department with a family birthing suite.
Shambaugh & Son offered significant “value engineering” to bring the construction engineering project in on budget, and offered a “single source” responsibility for all MEP services. Shambaugh & Son provided complete design/assist, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) services.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
Shambaugh & Son’s contract on this project included the following MEP scope of work:
- Mechanical services
- Plumbing services
- Two (2) steam boilers at 8,370 MBH each
- Two (2) water cooled chillers at 300 tons each
- Nine (9) air handling units producing a total of over 140,000 CFM
- Electrical services
- New 4,000 AMP service
- Emergency generator rated at 900 K W
- Automatic Temperature Control System (Invensys)
- Fire Protection Services