For over 90 years, Shambaugh & Son has been providing the healthcare industry top-tier new construction, retrofit, and expansion services.
From Design-Build and value engineering services to complete construction services, Shambaugh offers a single-source combination of process, mechanical, electrical, fire protection, security, and communication services.
Specialty facilities like surgery centers, intensive care units (ICU), or procedure rooms all have unique design needs which require systematic construction expertise. Backed by years of experience, Shambaugh’s design-build team offers multi-specialty services that can overcome the toughest construction challenges in the healthcare industry.
For medical facilities that are occupied and fully functioning, Shambaugh provides tacky mats, negative air pressure tents, Visqueen tents with air rotation machines, zipper walls, and quarantined spaces—as required by the Infection Control Risk Assessment (ICRA). Add to that the highly qualified engineers utilizing leading technologies, such as 3D imaging and BIM (building information modeling), and Shambaugh gives healthcare clients added flexibility on various healthcare projects.
Healthcare centers provide essential, lifesaving services to their communities, which means prolonged construction disruptions can have serious consequences. Innovative construction management helps Shambaugh deliver projects on fast-tracked schedules.
Fast-tracked projects minimize disruptions to a facility’s regular operation, which helps clients keep patient care and comfort their top-priority. Additionally, Shambaugh’s advanced emergency service power systems help protect the performance of critical equipment and life safety services.
Shambaugh has delivered multi-specialty construction services on multiple healthcare facilities, featuring operations such as:
- Surgery centers
- Pre- and post-operation rooms
- 24-hour emergency departments
- Maternity care and delivery center
- Intensive care units (ICU)
- Medical equipment chiller rooms
- Administration buildings and offices
- Outpatient service centers
- Specialty procedure rooms
Shambaugh offers a full-range of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) services for the healthcare industry, including, but not limited to:
- Complete plumbing, HVAC, mechanical, fire protection, and utility system design
- Automatic temperature control (ATC) including web-based systems
- Total emergency service power systems for critical equipment and life safety
- Building automation systems (BAS), including direct digital control (DDC) capabilities
- Chiller systems and cooling towers
- Support systems such as nurse call and data/communication
- Medical gas systems
- Sanitary, storm, domestic water, and acid waste for patient towers