Central Soya, FORT WAYNE, IN
Central Soya was in need of new process controls for their food processing facility located in Fort Wayne, IN.
Shambaugh & Son designed and prefabricated a skid-mounted propylene glycol chiller that resulted in a 30% reduction in installation costs.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
Shambaugh & Son designed, fabricated, and installed process controls that included:
- Designing and prefabricating a prototype HTST system to heat a continuous flow of prepared fluid dairy and protein products from 40ºF up to 195ºF (+/-1ºF) at a rate of 15 gallons per hour
- Designing the system, which included PLC process controls, for food processing to handle product concentrations of up to 45% total solids
- Designing and prefabricating a 112-ton, skid-mounted propylene glycol chiller package to reclaim acetone for Soya’s soybean oil extracting plant
- Engineering an explosion-proof design allowing for operation of the chiller in a hazardous area.
- Delivering a 112-Ton, R22 shell and tube chiller package
- Ensuring the PLC process controls were included as a total turnkey package for food processing
Central Soya Company, Inc. is a leading international agribusiness company that processes, refines, and manufactures oilseed and animal feed products. Products in processed form are resold to the agricultural, food, and industrial markets.