Dairy Farmers of America, CASS CITY, MI
With the objective to build a new plant to meet current demands, Dairy Farmers of America chose Shambaugh & Son from a large list of potential providers to be their single-source partner for their new 43,900 sf dairy and waste water treatment plants constructed on a 48.5 acre site located in the Village of Cass City, Michigan.
At its completion this new membrane-based milk condensing facility will have the capability to consume up to a raw milk equivalent of 3 millions pounds a day.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The new plant will consist of a 4-bay Tanker Receiving Area/Processing Area, Lab and Trucker Areas, Process Area, Sanitation and Utility Corridors, Silo Alcoves, Chemical and CIP, Mechanical and Maintenance and Employee Welfare Areas. Shambaugh & Son is responsible for the on-site construction management, architectural, civil, structural, process, MEP and automation disciplines.
- Stainless steel structure supports all production equipment
- Chemical wash down
- Subfloor construction allows for drainage of all wash-down.
- Utilities in walkable ceiling.
- Designed with planned expansion opportunities
- Water, fire protection, storm, gas, electricity were all connected to the municipality
- Designed and constructed wastewater treatment facility and assisted DFA in obtaining an NPDES wastewater discharge permit
- Built to USDA standards and approved by the USDA.