Commonwealth Dairy, BRATTLEBORO, VT
The client needed a new 38,000 square foot production facility.
Shambaugh & Son’s turnkey Design/Build team performed both engineering and construction for the entire building. This included performing work in the refrigeration process, process controls, fire protection, electrical, and utilities all on a fast-track Design/Build basis.
Prefabricated modular construction in Shambaugh & Son’s fabrication facility was a key in reducing cost and accelerating schedule to get the plant up and running in approximately 10 months.
- Separate raw and pasteurized CIP systems with water recovery
- State-of-the-art process controls with fault tolerant redundant PLC and server; six HMI’s for process, CIP, and energy management
- High temperature, high efficiency hot water boilers
- 22° Chilled Water System
- Two 150 ton Fluid Coolers/Towers
- pH pre-treatment of process waste
- New 4000 amp electrical service and energy efficient lighting and control fixtures
- All utilities, process, and building designed for efficient future expansion
This yogurt facility is the first yogurt production plant in the U.S. for one of Germany’s leading producers, Ehrmann AG.