Parkview Regional Medical Center, FORT WAYNE, IN
The client needed a new Medical Center consisting of 400 beds, a Heart Institute, Women and Children’s Center and Cancer Outpatient Care Center, Verified Level 2 Pediatric and Adult Trauma Centers, Helipad, 17 operating rooms, ICU’s, multiple procedure rooms including MRI, Cath, and X-ray.
Shambaugh & Son, L.P. provided preconstruction design-assist, value engineering and complete construction and commissioning for the “single source” combination mechanical, electrical, fire protection and building automation system for the new $536 million, 980,000 sf Parkview Regional Medical Center in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Shambaugh & Son also provided the 3D BIM team and employed several elements of new construction technology, along with its extensive prefabrication and $6 billion of national purchasing power to “add value” to the project.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
Highlights of Shambaugh & Son’s MEP project included:
- 4-pipe VAV HVAC system
- Four 1250-ton Chillers
- Two 800 hp boilers and one 400 hp boiler
- Fully integrated Building Automation System (BAS) with the latest in technology
- All plumbing, medical gas and utilities for Central Utility Plant, core hospital and Heart Institute
- Complete wet sprinkler system and FM-200 fire protection systems
- Extensive medium voltage distribution system electrical services to electrical unit substations throughout the facility
- 15Kv paralleling switchgear with electric utility for (3) 2 megawatt on-site back-up generators for emergency generators with 40,000 gallon underground fuel storage
- Lighting design within standard “Green” guidelines
- Prefabricated plumbing, utility piping, equipment piping, hanger systems, and electrical conduit and branch circuitry