Franciscan Surgery Center, INDIANAPOLIS, IN
The Franciscan Surgery Center required construction services for a new 17,350-square-foot outpatient surgery center in Indianapolis, Indiana.
All services completed were done on a fast-track basis and delivered with no disruption to hospital operations or patient care.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
Shambaugh & Son was contracted as the single source for the Design-Build construction project, providing complete mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) services on a fast-track multi-specialty outpatient surgery center consisting of four operating rooms, two procedure rooms, and a pre-surgery diagnostic unit. Shambaugh & Son provided:
- Two hot water boilers–850 MBH
- One 110-ton water cooled chiller
- One 17,600 CFM air handling unit
- Integrated temperature control system
- Fire protection services
- Plumbing and medical gas services
- 800 Amp electrical service
- Interfaced seamless electrical services of existing building capacity
- Emergency back-up services tied into existing available provisions
- Electrical systems extended to include fire alarm and nurse call