Eastern Indiana Orthopaedics, RICHMOND, IN
Eastern Indiana Orthopaedics needed to build a new, 29,300-square-foot Ambulatory Surgery Center in Richmond, Indiana. The project included two operating rooms, an outpatient services center, two procedure rooms and pre-surgery diagnostic unit.
Shambaugh & Son completed this Design-Build project on a fast-track schedule.
Shambaugh & Son was chosen as the single-source for the design-build contractor for this project, providing complete mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) services on this fast-track multi-specialty outpatient surgery center. Shambaugh & Son’s scope of services included:
- Two hot water boilers–150 MBH each
- One 40-ton chiller
- Five air handling units–42,000 cubic feet/unit
- Integrated temperature control system
- Fire protection services
- 1200 amp service
- 300 KW generator
- Total emergency power services— critical care, life safety systems, and equipment branches
- Support systems including: fire alarm systems, nurse call, data/communication