White Castle Systems, INDIANA & KENTUCKY
White Castle Systems needed to build two new food processing facilities in Orleans, Indiana and Jefferstown, Kentucky.
The 32,000 sq. ft. Indiana meat processing facility produces 10,000 pounds of meat patties per hour. Shambaugh & Son designed and installed over 298 tons of ammonia refrigeration and control systems in the facility.
Shambaugh & Son also helped design and build the 51,000 sq. ft. Jefferstown facility to assemble, cook, package, and freeze over 4,000 pounds per hour of the famous White Castle sandwiches. Installation included a 430-ton, ammonia refrigeration system for batter making and final product cooling.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
Shambaugh & Son provided the following key functions:
- Fast track Design/Build contracts
- Alternative waste treatment design services
- Performed innovative analysis for code compliance
- Provided an innovative ammonia refrigeration and controls system design
- Process piping, equipment setting, and utility systems installation, such as hydraulic conveyors, oil supply, air, water, and natural gas