Trinity English Lutheran Church, FORT WAYNE, IN
The Trinity English Lutheran Church renovation was a $10 million project to renovate
the existing facilities, as well as building an addition to the church. A 12,000 sf
gathering space was added to the building which includes a new mechanical/electrical
room, as well as a lobby and reception area.
Shambaugh & Son performed the Design-Build of the Mechanical, Electrical,
Fire Protection, and Temperature Controls work on a single-source, MEP basis
in partnership with Hagerman Construction.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
- Open loop groundwater geothermal system comprised of 6 water-to-water heat pumps
- Replacement of 50 year old existing air handling units with new VFD-driven units
- New 480V electrical service to the building
- Addition of fire projection systems to newly constructed areas
- Addition of solar panels for supplementary power to facility
- Replacement and upgrades to heating and chilled water loops
- Replacements and upgrades to existing security and fire alarm systems
- Addition of DDC temperature controls tied into existing pneumatic controls
The church was awarded the Energy Patriot Award in October 2009 for its energy savings updates including geothermal systems and solar panels.