Gojo Industries, Inc., AKRON, OH
Gojo Industries was in need of a new green field plant in Akron, Ohio for the production of skin health and hygiene solutions.
Shambaugh and Son provided Gojo Industries with one if it’s most effective value-added services: real time simulation. They also used computer modeling to help engineer and design this new state-of-the-art plant.
The plant engineers could not easily determine the number of fillers to use, which way to run the accumulation conveyors, or how many conveyors they would need. Shambaugh & Son used real time simulation to produce a plant on the computer before it would physically be built. This saved significant time and money by minimizing costly changes before construction started. Simulation/Modeling has allowed Gojo to ask the “what if?” questions about the plant’s operation, required equipment, equipment placement and human resources requirements.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
Goals and Results of Simulation/Modeling:
- Reduce installation costs
- Reduce potential costly design changes before construction started
- Optimize plant operations and efficiency
- Determine optimal conveyor layout for the packaging room
- Test of multiple designs
- Establish projected production rates for the plant to meet marketing forecasts
- Allow for a 3D modeling video presentation for plant staff to see and analyze before final design
- Determine and minimize equipment needed to produce required production rates
- Answered all the “what if I did this?” questions during engineering and design
- Reduced packaging equipment dollars spent
- Reduced the number of production personnel on the packaging line by 50
Gojo Industries in Akron, Ohio, is the leading global producer and marketer of skin health and hygiene solutions. Their products include hand cleaning, hand washing, hand sanitizing, and skin care formulas under the GOJO®, PURELL® and PROVON® brand names.