Quaker Oats Gatorade, INDIANAPOLIS, IN
The client wanted to build a new 225,000 sf production area at the Indianapolis facility to house four high-speed Gatorade lines capable of filling various sized bottles.
Quaker developed a new process to fill their EDGE bottles. This new bottle also utilized a new “mouth twist” cap, specifically designed for the EDGE bottle. With this new technology, Quaker was very determined to get the project done quickly. The project went from concept (Greenfield—literally bean field) to producing Gatorade out the door in less than 12 months. Project speed was of utmost importance, so Shambaugh & Son “turbo-tracked” this project.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
Shambaugh & Son, L.P. was hired to perform the mechanical, electrical, process and fire protection on the new Indianapolis Quaker Oats Gatorade Facility. Scope details include:
- (2) 800 hp Cleaver Brooks boilers
- (3) 250 hp oil-less Atlas Copco air compressors with dryers and receivers with over 1000'of 4" piping
- Over 15,000 lf of 4", 6", 8", and 10" schedule 80 CPVC servicing over 500 floor and hub drains
- (2) 55 ton Trane units for front office HVAC
- (3) 3000 amp and (1) 2500 amp electrical services
- Over (600) 1,000 amp high-bay electrical fixtures
- (4) stainless steel Marley cooling towers with over 1000' of 8" and 10" distribution piping
- All mechanical, controls, electrical and fire protection performed for the Class 10,000 Clean Room for product filling
- (1) 1200 gpm Osmonics Reverse Osmosis system complete with (2) activated carbon filters, (2) 30,000 gallon stainless steel storage tanks, (3) dual media filters, and over 1000' of 6", 8" and 10" stainless steel tubing
- Central chemical, line lubrication and soap storage room with capability of storage and distribution from ten storage tanks with over 2000’ of 1” stainless tubing
- (4) 30,000 gallon stainless steel fructose and sucrose storage silos with over (100) APV 3" automated sanitary divert valves, (2) micro motion meters for quantity unloading and 500' of 3" and 4" stainless tubing
- Dedicated 10" underground fire loop around facility more than 5,000'
- ESFR Fire Protection System for over 1mm sf of coverage